Key Stage 4 - History
Year 10 & 11 (GCSE)
Pupils carry out high quality enquiry work where they investigate historical events and individuals. Pupils work collaboratively and independently on the following areas of study.
- How did the Treaty of Versailes establish peace?
- Why did the League of Nations fail in its aim to keep peace?
- Why did Chamberlain's policy of appeasement fail to prevent the outbreak of war in 1939?
- How did the Cold War develop in the years 1949-1955?
- How and why did the USA achieve prosperity in the 1920s?
- How and why was Hitler able to become Chancellor in January 1933?
- To what extent did racial inequality exist in the USA in the 1950s?
Pupils carry out an historical enquiry on British people in war. This is a controlled assessment which counts for 25% of their final grade.