In History we aim to create resilient historians who confidently seek to enquire reflectively, rigorously and critically about the past. This includes the origins of diverse beliefs, attitudes and identities. Pupils also construct historical interpretations which they use to form and communicate their own perspectives of themselves and their world.
We want our students to be people who:
- Can listen and respond
- Feel confident about their learning
- Can test hypothesis and explore questions
- Are capable of working collaboratively and independently
- Are confident in challenging others and defending their own judgements
- Are flexible to change their own minds