- Written by Super User Super User
- Category: School Information School Information
- Published: 07 July 2016 07 July 2016
- Hits: 2308 2308
The Hurst Community College
To be wildly ambitious for the opportunities, experiences and achievements of every member of our school community.
To provide an excellent education for pupils in our care and to continually strive to improve in everything we do.
The Hurst Community College aims to fulfil our mission and develop a sense of belonging and pride in accordance with our values: ambition, commitment, excellence and respect.
- Everyone is ambitious to be a successful learner
- Everyone is ambitious to broaden their horizons
- Everyone is committed to work hard and be resilient
- Everyone is committed to looking after our community
- Everyone strives for academic excellence
- Everyone strives for personal excellence
- Everyone respects themselves and their peers
- Everyone respects our community and environment
"a refreshing harmony of dedicated service, best value and great food."
ABM Catering Solutions has been awarded our catering contract at The Hurst. They will be providing delicious hot and cold meals and snacks at break and lunchtimes; all freshly made with fresh produce everyday. They have also introduced a new self-service salad bar for pupils to create their own healthy meals.
Please click on the following links for details of our biometric cashless system.
SLG - Parent's Gateway
The SLG or Parent's Gateway is a web portal that enables parents of children at The Hurst to access information about them.
If you have not provided an email address to the school office, you will not be able to access the SLG.
Timetables, attendance, behaviour, achievements and attainment and homework are currently available.
To access the "Parents Gateway" directly parents will use the link under SLG on this site or click on the image above.
If you are having a problem logging on to the Gateway please can you put "THEHURST\" before your username.
if your username is "Parent" type in: THEHURST\Parent as your username.
Once you have logged in see here for a short guide to using the system
If you have lost/forgotten your password or are having a problem accessing the site please email: