Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Throughout Years 7, 8 and 9, we aim for all pupils to develop their knowledge and understanding of the language and cultures where their language is spoken.
We do this through a series of themed units, in which the different areas of vocabulary are covered, as well as the grammar and expressions of language becoming more complex as the pupils move through the school.
Listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation skills are develeoped throughout the three years of te Key Stage 3 curriculum.
Pupils are encouraged to challenge themselves in all of the skill areas. This could be by extending their vocabulary, as well as using more complex grammatical structures, refering to the past, present and future, sharing opinions and the reasons for them.
What Will Be Studied -
- Introduction, self and families
- Sports and hobbies
- Where you live and school
- Holidays, travelling and celebrations
- Food, drink, shopping and fashion
- Media, technology and daily routine
- Education, future plans and jobs
- Free time and healthy lifestyles
- Evironment, local area and cultural projects
Pupils are regularly assessed, both formally in the end-of-unit assessments as well as contnually through their classwork and homework.